IGNORED

Ignition Kill circuit

TomoHawk

Would this work with the Bosch ECU and ignotion (or HEI module)?  The circuit kills the ignition by shunting the coil (-) side killing the coil for a half-second.  It works with either points or transistorized ignitions. 

The ECU also gets a signal from the (-) side of the coil, and I think it would disable the injectors too, so I don't want to damage the ECU either.

I'd like to ask out electronics experts  if they think there is a real risk of damaging something.  If not then I think this gadget would make a nice anti-theft device.  The only thing that might be a bit of trouble would be to  hide the switch that enables the device.  The protective (plastic) box it goes in needs to be hidden, and the wiring used to connect it to the coil would look like normal connections, especially after you put on some plastic wire loom or wrap it with tape.

Diagram.png

Edited by TomoHawk