Single layer Racing Jackets - Racing - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Single layer Racing Jackets

Featured Replies

I have read about single layer racing jackets recently from reading about drag racing safety.  The jackets are supposed to be  certified SFI 3.2A/1.  Would that pass the scrutineers for SCCA/low-speed lapping? What is the intended use for that?  Should I expect it to be bulky or heavy?   I was considering getting one, because they are not to expensive (about $60) and seems a practical piece of safety gear for certain low-key events, like lapping, rally, etc., or just as a fancy windbreaker for the car, and would probably be better than  the old-fashioned boron treatment.

Edited by TomoHawk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.