Aiming Fog Lamps - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Aiming Fog Lamps

Featured Replies

Higuys (and ladies)-

 

I got a pair of Hella Micro FF Fog Lamps, and I checked them in the dark garage to see the light beam size&shape.  These lamps produce a very thin horizontal LINE (it's that thin) of light that seems to be about 135 or so degrees spanning.  It's not the usual low flood light, like you get with fog lamps, with a horizontal cutoff.

 

So this made wonder how a laser-thin beam of light could be used to light up the roadway in front of the car and to the sides.  They come with 55W bulbs/globes, but I think I could upgrade them to 80W bulbs safely (not melting the housing) for more light, or maybe it will just be a brighter pencil-thin beam?

 

But since I'm not that familiar with fog lamps, I'd like to ask the experts here for their input. :D

 

BTW-  I also recently got a pair of Cibie 95 driving lamps for $12!  Nyaa-nyaa.

  • Author

These Hella fog lamps have glass lenses and are not replaceable.  If I added a layer of clear plastic, do you think it would affect the light much?Stone guards are not available either, but you do get solid plastic covers!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.