Electronic control for Turn Signals - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Electronic control for Turn Signals

Featured Replies

Higuys,

 

For convenience during highway driving as well as saving wear-and-tear, I thought it would be nice  to  incorporate a latching relay to operate the turn signals.  I just don't remember the type and current rating you'd need;  I think a simple 10A SPDT would work (for led bulbs)?  Then all you'd need is a stalk with a center-off SPDT  toggle switch (or a couple pushbuttons) to operate it?  A friend has it on an old truck, and I liked driving with it.

 

The only weird thing about the latching relays is that they seem to be all  PCB  mount  design.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.