Ignitor Flamethrower Replacement! Pertronix I Or Ii? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Ignitor Flamethrower Replacement! Pertronix I Or Ii?

Featured Replies

I am considering in replacing the Ignitor Coil that the former owner of my 72 240z had installed. I believe the coil is somelike weak. Anyone has installed Ignitor II Flamethrower coil? Any experience? I read it delivers 45,000 Volts.

 

This is the one i have currently installed in my vehicle:

 

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/12-4020

I did install the Flamethower and electronic points in my '71 240Z.  My son also installed the same kit in his '73 240Z.

I am pleased, though I can't say "I saw X% performance boost".  It works, I think it's a good solution.  I've not measured the output!   ;)

See my experience here: Electronic points – Installing PerTronix Ignition Kit

  • Author

which one? Petronix I or II Ignition coil? Is there any difference between both?

  • Author

I did install the Flamethower and electronic points in my '71 240Z.  My son also installed the same kit in his '73 240Z.

I am pleased, though I can't say "I saw X% performance boost".  It works, I think it's a good solution.  I've not measured the output!   ;)

See my experience here: Electronic points – Installing PerTronix Ignition Kit

How do i verify if my coil is not weak???

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.