IGNORED

Best Chamois? (Or Equivalent)

Oiluj

I'm a big Griot's Garage fan - all their products are top notch.  After I wash, I use Griot's Spray on Wax - then microfiber towel to dry.  I only wax once per year but use the spray on wax after every wash - works great for me and my car alwasys has that just waxed shine. 

I use to use that jelly blade to sheath the water off but they will leave micro scratchs in the paint.  I threw mine in the trash, just didn't work for me.

The ABSORBER - the local WallMart carries them as well.

Soft Bath Towels

I believe that the key to avoiding the micro scratches you see in the surface - is to be consistent in keeping the surface clear of the micro fine particles of dust/grim that get attached to,  or stuck in,  the waxes and polishes that are used to coat/protect the paint.

Most of the drying methods mentioned won’t actually scratch your paint. The micro scratches you usually see, are actually scratches in the surface built up wax/polish left on the car. They are the result of grim/grit that is still trapped in that remaining wax/polish even after you wash the car. Most people rinse the car off with just water if the car has a good wax shine, or they use very mild soaps so as not to remove the wax.  So the remaining wax gets contaminated with micro fine particles. These micro fine particles can be dragged or moved across the surface - by contact with almost anything used to dry the car. 

If you are getting micro fine scratches showing up in your surface - it is past time to Clay Bar the car. Wash and dry your car - then run your finger tips over the dry surface. Clay Bar that area - and run your finger tips over it again. You will quickly see that what you thought was a “clean” surface - really had a lot of grim trapped. That grim you just removed with the Clay Bar - is what puts the micro scratches in the finish, if it is dragged around by anything coming in contact with it.

FWIW,
Carl B.
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the input.   Think I'll try the Griot's synthetic chamois.   Plus, I can also buy some more Speed Shine while I at it.

I don't have any micro-scratches, just don't want to create any!