Hood Fabrication Ideas... - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hood Fabrication Ideas...

Featured Replies

Good morning. I'm looking at a list of fun winter projects, and I thought I'd tackle modifying a hood.

 

I have a 1971 Datsun, but I have a spare 280Z hood (no louvers anymore) that was damaged in an accident a few years back. I was thinking I'd have some fun with it...maybe cut out some windows for Lexan or add some louvers or stainless trim...I'll have to sandblast it and do some repair work, but I was wondering if anyone's cut into one before or made modifications and wanted to share ideas. (I had even thought about painting it with chalk board paint so people could write on it at car shows.) All suggestions are welcome!

 

In addition, it doesn't have a latch, so unless I fabricate something new, I'll be scouting around ebay for one...

 

Thanks in advance!

post-24660-0-93956200-1417274942_thumb.j

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.