time for a new E-Brake cable? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

time for a new E-Brake cable?

Featured Replies

I've finally got the brakes working besides the E-brake. I've adjusted it per the service manual by pulling it and letting the ratchet click into place. It doesn't ratchet any more and the E-brake still doesn't work. Is there some kind of adjuster underneath that I haven't spotted yet? I don't see anything in the service manual. Or is my cable just too stretched out and it's time for a new one? The car had it's E-brake on for a good year or two while the car was sitting before I bought it.

there's a single linkage going from the e-brake handle back to a saddle that the e-brake cable loops around - basically takes 1 pull input and splits it into 2 to both ends of the cable at each wheel.

at the connection between the single linkage and the saddle there's a threaded rod that you can wind in/out to adjust cable play. it's a bit of a pain to get to as it's above the exhaust and propeller shaft, but it is do-able with both in place.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.