IGNORED

I broke my carb....sad day in the garage.

dawg7

I feel kinda crappy for not replying back alot sooner.  I mean I fixed the carb back in April.  That was a great write up by zKars and it worked out great.   Also I am trying to sell the carbs and want all to know it was fixed in a very solid manner and looks pretty good.   I bought the durafix rods and with a bit of practice had a nice solid piece of metal to work with and made a nice pin support.  The JB weld did not hold up well at all.  I would recommend the process as explained above by zKars to anyone.

Congrats on the brazing, and nice write-up by zKars. For someone else with a similar project I would recommend a machine shop if they're not comfortable with brazing. There is probably a machine shop just about anywhere where machinists are standing around hoping someone will bring in a project, and the cost may be way less than you'd expect.

A couple years ago a client needed some 45 degree bolted steel timber connectors; the contractor said it would take two weeks to get them. I made some calls and found an old machinist in Watts who made them from my drawings the same day. The cuts and welds were beautiful, and it cost about half what the mass-produced items would have cost.