Questions about throttle plate slop and set up - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Questions about throttle plate slop and set up

Featured Replies

Just wondering if the geometry of the throttle plate on DCOE's, SKs, Mikufies, etc is such that there is no side-to-side play when the plates are closed but there is if the plates are open? Is this a sign of wear?

I'm seeing this on my SK's but not on a brand new 55DCO so it is strange.

The SK's seal tight (confirmed with a liquid and light test) so it is hard to understand wear being a cause.

I am wondering if the plates need to be adjusted right or left relative to the shaft as when I open the SK's, I note the throttle shaft travels to one side smoothly then when closing, it returns the other way to its original condition...thus the throttle plate always travelling right and left when opening and closing . This sideways motion does not occur on the 55DCO.

Thanks!

Edited by Blue

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.