IGNORED

Looking for 1976 280z hatch emblem and dashboard

dkassulke

An OEM dash for these cars in an uncracked state would cost a fortune, if you can find one.

Between the dash cap options, the full cap looks much nicer than the half-cap.

Some folks have having some very serious success refurbishing cracked dashes. Here is a a link to the thread featuring plenty of instruction and lots of pictures. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/interior-s30/23919-dash-repair-process-pictures.html

The 280Z hatch emblem is available from MSA and Arizona Z car - both can be found under the vendors tab at the top of the page. They also show up regularly on eBay, but may or may not be a better deal based on condition.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks. I need to mention that I have the original emblems but they were removed years ago when I repainted Z. I think you need clips or whatever to attach them again??? That's why I am searching for new or properly refinished ones. The only one I have not found is the hatch 280z.

If the mounting posts are missing, then yes, they're broken off - they probably fell into the body of the car. Both the rear Datsun and the rear 280Z emblems have two posts that fit into the clips and then down into the holes in the body. The clips expand once they're past the hole and keep the emblem from working loose.

You have two options - buy new emblems or use double-sided tape to adhere them to the bodywork. The tape will obviously result in paint damage if you remove them again down the road and it may absorb moisture that could encourage rust.

I recently had a few of those emblems restored (chrome plated) and would be willing to sell you one if you'd like. However, most, if not all, of them no longer have the mounting posts, so you would need to use the double-sided tape to adhere them to your car. I'll check my inventory tomorrow to see if any of them still have both posts. In the meantime, Pm me if you have any questions.

Mikehttp://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64724&d=1374561412&thumb=1&stc=1

post-24403-14150824914607_thumb.jpg

post-24403-14150824914905_thumb.jpg

post-24403-14150824915111_thumb.jpg

post-24403-14150824915321_thumb.jpg

post-24403-14150824915524_thumb.jpg

I recently had a few of those emblems restored (chrome plated) and would be willing to sell you one if you'd like. However, most, if not all, of them no longer have the mounting posts, so you would need to use the double-sided tape to adhere them to your car. I'll check my inventory tomorrow to see if any of them still have both posts. In the meantime, Pm me if you have any questions.

Mikehttp://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64724&d=1374561412&thumb=1&stc=1

Thanks, but I want new emblems with pins. Finally found some!!!