IGNORED

first time Z owner has a couple questions

bart

I am about to buy my first Z car and I have a couple questions. I am buying a 1971 240Z which was built in 7/71. This car has been sitting under a car port for the last five years. It was running when it was parked but has not been started since. I need to look a little bit more for rust but so far I have not seen any, I think this car has spent it's life in California away from the salty ocean air. The body is in great condition and the interioris decent, I will have to do something about the dash. My question is this...

Besides the obvious things like making sure fluids are completely drianed and new ones put it, new plugs, wires etc., is there anything that I should check that may be a particular problem to 240's? Any tips that anyone can think of which may help me get this car up and running would be appreciated.

Bart

It sounds like you have found a nice Z for starters. I think you will find alot of help here. The only thing I will bring up is brakes.

Have you moved the car yet? Dose the car move? If it has been sitting for that many years I would just bring the car in and replace the brakes on all four. The only reason I say bring it in is so they turn the rotors and drums. Then they can tell you what else may need help in the driveline. Just what I would do. Oh yah and smile alot for the find.:classic: