IGNORED

89 240Z power window parts

Steve Griffin

'89 240z

Bought for my girl friend, this was the deal of the century. Always lived in the garage and babied.

Unfortunately, the mechanic says he can fix it but

I need "everything" for the power passenger window except the

glass, it is OK.

Can you refer me to a source that might have these parts ?

thanks,

-Steve

brownfries@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

You lost me for a second there, had me wondering which part of "'89 240Z" was accurate, until I realized you were talking about power windows. What you have is a 300ZX there hun, not a 240Z. 240's were manufactured from 1969-1973, and 300's from I believe 1983 or 1984 to 1996. I have an '85 300ZX.

You should be able to get the parts from Nissan. They still carry a lot of parts for the 300ZX's. The only problem I have had trying to get parts for mine are some interior accessories that match. Apparently they only make them in black now, and I could not see myself driving around with an all burgundy interior and a black rearview mirror. (wound up getting burgundy one from junkyard) Some parts you can get used from various sources in good shape, but make sure you get a recommendation first for any part that may be IFFY.

I purchased a used side power mirror from Rod's Datsun Discount Parts (he is based in San Jose, CA... but he will ship items for purchases over the web or phone), and it was perfect. All I had to do was clean it up and slap on a little paint. The electrical was all in good working order... I had some fears that it wouldn't work before I actually installed it, but it works perfectly.

Hope this helps, and good luck!:cool: