Where Can I Find a New Outer Door (Skin)? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Where Can I Find a New Outer Door (Skin)?

Featured Replies

Hi all;

My 1974 260z racecar's passenger door got dented beyond repair in a recent race and I need a new one.

Note that I need only the outer skin for the door. I don't actually need a full "door" at all. There are no traditionally opening doors on this car. But we still use original body panels on the outside. What years will fit a 74 260?

Anything that's dirt cheap and in reasonable condition will do. Any ideas on where to find such a part? Many thanks for your advice.

I have one or two from my race car I believe. They are just the skins. I will go out and check and make sure I still have them. jlp

I confirmed that I still have them in the attic of my garage. The drivers skin is set up with a light hinge system with a spring loaded latch and the passenger skin is set up with quick fasteners. They are in perfect condition. The thing is I don't beleive these will fit the cheap part of your quest. JLP

Edited by JLPurcell

PS I also have an original windshield if you are still looking for one. jlp

  • Author
I confirmed that I still have them in the attic of my garage. The drivers skin is set up with a light hinge system with a spring loaded latch and the passenger skin is set up with quick fasteners. They are in perfect condition. The thing is I don't beleive these will fit the cheap part of your quest. JLP

How not cheap is it? :) Just need passenger's side.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Let me get you a pic.of the passenger door skin and then we can talk. You are close enough that you can save shipping cost. jlp

  • Author

You sending it to my inbox here on the forum?

Also, who has any other options for me? I need the skin only for a passenger's side door on a 74 260z. Thanks!

The photos are not great but they are in great shape we built them and then decided to go another direction so they were not used. The handle location has been shaved.

post-7454-1415082277246_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150822773074_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150822773639_thumb.jpg

post-7454-1415082277421_thumb.jpg

For those who may be interested I have attached some photos of the left door as well. These have been stored for over 30 years and some of the paint is flaking off of the inside of the left door.

post-7454-14150822774791_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150822775377_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150822775963_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.