IGNORED

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Adzmax

• 4 weeks later...

I had these door skins (cards) delivered from Japan last week. They are in pretty good condition overall but will need some work. They are from a late model GTX and had the extended arm rests which have been filled. The finish leaves a bit to be desired but it's nothing that can't be fixed. I'll drop them into the Auto trimmer I'm using this week.

img3607zl.jpg

img3609u.jpg

After getting my tail light rings back from chroming the next parts to do were the fuel cap and breather.

img3477m.jpg

I pulled apart the fuel cap completely so I could send the cover alone. The pin in held in place with a small cir-clip, once removed it just slides out with the spring etc. I'm going to look at fixing the lock up also, it's pretty sloppy. Not sure what the options are here at the moment.

img3491yt.jpg

img3500c.jpg

Just got the parts back today and they look great.

img3628l.jpg

img3632b.jpg

img3630p.jpg

Next I need to mask them off then respray the parts that should be black. No doubt this will be a fiddly job because the top of the fins need to be chrome. I'll have to wipe the paint of by hand with a cotton tip and some thinners after it's sprayed. I'd LOVE to know how this was done from factory :D

I've also got some centre caps coming which I'll mask with the "R" logo and then spray in a metallic black to complete the original look.

Best way to repaint these is mask off the bulk and use basecoast black mixed with alittle hardener and let dry for a few minuts.

I use a product called high strenght degreaser and its made by PPG http://www.ppg.com/COATINGS/REFINISHMIDDLEEAST/COLLISION/PRODUCT/COMPLIANTSYSTEMS/Pages/1122_Ancillaries.aspx

Its between normal prepsol and thinners and works well for cleaning paint off without taking heaps off like thinners does.