IGNORED

Need ZX Distributor Base

Marty Rogan

I bought a ZX distributor to convert my '70 to electronic ignition. It did not come with the base to attach it to the block. I put a want ad in the classifieds, but nobody responded, so I thought I would try asking here.

If you have a base for a ZX distributor that you are willing to part with, please PM me with your asking price.

Thanks,

Marty

• 6 months later...

I decided yesterday to pop for a new distributor. The vacuum advance mechanism was quite sticky on my old one, and the distributor did something I've never seen any other distributor do. The body itself, including the cap, would wobble with the engine running. Almost like the shaft itself is bent. Hold downs are nice and snug, and no play in the shaft when you push/pull on the rotor.

I had a spare dist I'd picked up at a junkyard, but taking it apart, the ball bearings falling out of the advance plate, reminded me of how much fun rebuilding 'em is...getting a bushing made, etc. And I have no idea where to get replacement diaphragms for the advance mechanism. So I just ordered a reman (Cardone) from RockAuto.

I can send either the wobbly one or the junkyard unit back as a core, so if anyone needs XZ distributor parts, speak now.