IGNORED

Need 90 degree elbow hose for 280z fuel rail

jkeese01

That's actually a coolant hose. It feeds a block that sits beneath (and heats) the air regulator. I don't know whether you can buy one pre-formed anymore, but you can bend a piece of copper tubing and slip it inside a piece of hose to keep the hose from kinking. That's how I did mine. It's worked well for over a year now.

That's actually a coolant hose. ... bend a piece of copper tubing and slip it inside a piece of hose to keep the hose from kinking.

Thanks, great idea. The two hoses down there are original. I've changed all the other fuel and water hoses over the years. They aren't leaking, but planning a long road trip and looking for potential problem spots that could be a pain on the road.

Two days ago, I used FastWoman's technique- a piece of extra 5/16" FI hose with a shorter piece of 90deg 3/16" copper tubing centered (end-to-end) in the rubber- worked perfectly. The soggy, weeping hose I replaced was likely original (braided), so my fix should outlast at least as long. For a couple of dollars.

Hint: remove AAR and the block underneath- it gives you a little more room to fiddle the hose onto the pipe fittings.

Edited by Willoughby Z

...The soggy, weeping hose I replaced was likely original (braided), so my fix should outlast at least as long. For a couple of dollars.

Hint: remove AAR and the block underneath- it gives you a little more room to fiddle the hose onto the pipe fittings.

Thought mine might be a fluke lasting this long. Amazing this hose has not totally disintegrated.