Rear disk conversion issue - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rear disk conversion issue

Featured Replies

I'm doing a rear disk conversion on my 260 and am using the Motorsports brackets with '88 Maxima calipers.

My issue is one of the mount brackets on the calipers I have is very different from the other, one works and one doesn't. I'll post some pictures on Saturday. The calipers are exactly the same except for the bracket.

Anyone else run into this doing a conversion with the same pieces?

Thanks

Dean

  • Author

P9270002.jpg

Bracket on left is incorrect.

Right style fits perfectly, both are supposed to fit '88 Maxima?

Did they change these things somewhere in production?

Dean

Looks like someone put the wrong part in the box or mislabeled the box. I did the same exact swap and my calipers look like the one on the left. I've never heard of a parts change for that year but it's possible. I'd return it for a matching part.

  • Author
Looks like someone put the wrong part in the box or mislabeled the box. I did the same exact swap and my calipers look like the one on the left. I've never heard of a parts change for that year but it's possible. I'd return it for a matching part.

I now have two calipers with the wrong bracket, I thought the same thing...a part mix up....nope.

My local guy's can't even source another caliper for this year car, I may be searching a wrecker soon, I'm tired of ordering calipers.:rolleyes:

Dean

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.