IGNORED

Butterscotch dye or paint?

smajr85

I went up into my attic and pulled out all the interior pieces I've been collecting for a decade. I have every butterscotch part except for the door panels. I actually have the butterscotch dogleg panels with the chrome strip for in front of the rear tires... Cool! I hope to take my car to the upholstery shop Friday or Monday to get the diamond and headliner glued into my car.

The plastic panels in the rear and the roof liner vinyl are definitely a smudge browner than the seats and transmission diamond vinyl which are more orange-ish (in comparison). I was over by the paint store this AM and ordered a pint of custom vinyl paint. The butterscotch seat and diamond vinyl color looks to be between two orange-ish color swatches he had and shouldn't be to hard to match up so I'm going to spray that on a set of black door panels...

Bottom line is my parts collection colors do not match up perfectly. The paint I'm mixing up will likely be more orange than Daniel's panel spray. My memory of these colors from the 70's was the colors didn't matched up back then either. I checked my original parts which I still have from the tear down and they show the darker/lighter color variance on the surfaces which didn't appear faded (under the center console, under the roof line QuickEdge edge trim... So, even though I'll have paint, I'm not going to respray my new plastic panels. I'm just going to spray the black door panels and try to keep somewhat sane about this.

• 4 months later...