How much leather in the factory interior? - Classic ZX - 2nd to 4th Generation - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How much leather in the factory interior?

Featured Replies

Hey group - I have a 1983 280ZX Turbo that has the tan velour interior with the ribbed fabric on the seats. I'm due for new seat covers but the ribbed velour material is no longer available and I don't like the look of the solid velour covers. I have the low-backs with the separate headrests.

I'm thinking about changing the seats to leather, but I'm wondering: in the cars with factory leather, is there any leather OTHER than that on the seats? If the seats are the only part that's different, then I can change to a more authentic seat material by ordering leather seat covers.

So - for any of you that have the leather seats - what are the differences in the interior other than the seat COVERS?

Thanks....

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.