Fairlady Z power up - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fairlady Z power up

Featured Replies

Hi, I have a Fairlady Z(similar to the 280Z but with L20E 6cylinder) with the engine overhauled and running the original fuel injection. The car seems to be under powered. The car is running really smooth from idle to the red line but does not seem to have much power. All the fuel injection and ignition components except the injectors on the engine had been swapped out with no difference in the way it runs. I am wondering about the original catilytic converter maybe restricting my power. Can I just remove it and what about the sensor from it? Can I fit 280 fuel injectors instead of the 2L ones. Also what else can I do to up the power without doing an engine transplant.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.