IGNORED

1969 Tokyo motor show info and pics please.

rahail240

Hi people,

I was just wondering what info and pictures were available of the '69 Tokyo show in which the z432 made it's debut.

post-14113-14150816860895_thumb.jpg

for example any claims of what orders/purchases were made that day?

and general response and write ups to the z432 from the show.

was it the star or upstaged by another?

any archive pictures would be great.

thanks in advance

Hi people,

I was just wondering what info and pictures were available of the '69 Tokyo show in which the z432 made it's debut.

For example any claims of what orders/purchases were made that day?

and general response and write ups to the z432 from the show.

was it the star or upstaged by another?

any archive pictures would be great.

thanks in advance

Rahail,

Have you seen this thread? http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?36307-24th-October-1969-The-S30-series-Z-public-debut

Sorry, but I don't think we can expect to get any accurate data on what orders were placed during the show. That kind of information is rarely released by manufacturers, apart from when it is used in advertising and promotion ( which often casts a shadow of doubt over its accuracy... ).

Write-ups / press reports from the show were - mostly - in Japan, and therefore on Japanese. English language reports are few and far between, more general in nature and not particularly accurate in my experience. There's one English language report where the journalist appears to have parked himself at the bar to drink Martinis for the duration.....

It does however appear that the Fairlady Z432 on the rotating platform was the 'star' of the Nissan stand ( it seems to have had a good crowd around it in most photos ), even if it was not the star of the whole show. That accolade could have gone to the Toyota EX-I or EX-III concept cars, but I think it was generally accepted that the "Star Of The Show" was Isuzu's Bellett 1600MX - another concept car that did not go into production.

Alan T.

Oops, missed that thread on the search engine Alan.

Nice thread, lovely info and pictures.

Were the bridgestone tyres fitted as standard from the factory?

Also it looks to sitting a bit taller than normal, did they tweek the spring set up during production or is just the angles of photo shots?

Sorry last question, any ideas what/where this debut z432 resides or indeed if it survived?

thanks

Were the bridgestone tyres fitted as standard from the factory?

Hi Rahail,

'PS30' Fairlady Z432 models came with 6.95H-14 Bridgestone 'Super Speed-5' radial tyres from the factory.

Also it looks to sitting a bit taller than normal, did they tweek the spring set up during production or is just the angles of photo shots?

It's hard to say what is 'normal' is in a visual sense. I think all our cars would have sat a bit higher when brand new than they did after a few months of use. I know that's not very scientific, but without hard data on ride heights and everybody using the same datum points I think it's hard to come to any conclusion. The tyres were pretty tall ( 80-series, I think? ) so that's part of what we are seeing for sure.

Sorry last question, any ideas what/where this debut z432 resides or indeed if it survived?

I don't know the chassis number of that particular car, so I don't know if it has survived or not. Would be nice if it had.

Cheers,

Alan T.