IGNORED

We picked up an early 260z

EVILC

So big weekend and I will start with this picture:

i-GVNzRgj-M.jpg

The gf (Marsha) expressed interest in owning a Z car after our last club bbq and wanted a turbo car. We decided since I already had the #1905, I would keep it and refund the deposit on the car since it had been 4 months and the buyer had not picked up the car and closed the deal. I also have a 82 zxt with 63,000 miles……perfect project.

So while getting the car ready to be moved to the body shop, Will expressed extreme interest in #1905. He had been looking for a new shell for a project because his car was shot. I knew of a 260z that had been bought by a friend over the weekend and it was offered to me before he offered it up for sale to turn profit. Hmm, an all original early 260z in our future? Went to check out the car and after an hour of going over it, I was going home with it and surprising her with it! A few phone calls - horse trading and both cars went to new homes. So I drove the car home from NJ to the shop in the BX and told her to stop by. She fell in love and has now named it Baby Z because of how it looks next to EVIL Z.

So details on the car –

Early 260z build date 1/74. CA car with 91,xxx miles. Flat tops were ditched for rebuilt 3 screw SUs and still has the 4 speed behind it. This is the first Z I have driven/own that everything works. Seat belt buzzer, defrost, radio, heat…..I mean everything. Car starts right up and drives well. Even had all the original jute and clips that hold down the carpet. Minor rust on the floors, two spots really because since the car came to NY it has been outside. One of the weather seals are leaking and both jutes were soaked with water. Paint has been touched up in spots but retains some original paint throughout the car. Dash is cracked of course but least of our problems. But we love this car!

The car won’t be painted for a few years but will get head light covers, front air dam, wheels and a mirror. We are planning a turbo swap but will wait until all parts are gathered. For now she can just drive and enjoy the car. I think I enjoy driving it more than EVIL Z!

Pictures:

i-LPGPBZ7-M.jpg

i-HCbrZhD-M.jpg

i-k7fWRTV-M.jpg

i-QBfMCKx-M.jpg