Having big problems with rear disc conversion - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Having big problems with rear disc conversion

Featured Replies

I have read countless threads about this swap...

I bought 1983 A1 Cardone reman calipers left and right with Beck Arnley pads, caliper part #'s 19-566 & 19-567. I have a 1983 turbo parts car I was going to use the mounting brackets for. I took off both side and the drivers side had this huge steel bracket. The mounting bracket itself appears to be part of the rear hub assembly. The parts car on the right side has what appears to be the correct caliper bracket I need. I am using Z race products hub brackets. Here is the picture I took of the left Cardone caliper, the caliper I pulled off my parts car and that large steel bracket. What am I doing wrong, and what do I need to do to fix this. post-21670-14150816292473_thumb.jpg

  • Author

I went and looked at the brake pads. The ones I pulled off of my parts car are not even the same side to side. The new brake pads I bought are all the same and would fit the right side using the left caliper as this swap requires. I downloaded the fsm for an 83 at xenon and they show nothing like my parts car LR caliper. I am baffled.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.