IGNORED

put too much oil in SU carb

Healey Z

Don't worry about it, any extra will get sucked into the intake. Just for the information side, each carb will take about 2cc of oil. The difference in oil weights will affect the action of the piston raising and lowering.

Bonzi Lon

When I was using my SU's I kept a bottle of 3 in 1 for the pistons - for my temp it seems to work perfect. This has been discussed in details many times in the past - you may want to do a search and see which direction you want to go with weights and temps.

Fill the inner tube to the top if you prefer and the puck on the dipstick will push the excess out when you install it or fill the inner tube to within a half inch of the top of the inner tube. This is one of those aitomotive things that will take care of itself.

As stated above, any overfill will get sucked into engine and burnt....

The oil level is not super fussy but it seems to me that if there is way too much oil the suction piston won't be able to lift all the way due to a hydrauic lock. I would try to remove some of the oil if it is all the way to the top. Use a small piece tubing, like a straw, and lift some out. Alternately, loosen the cap and plunger rod and then lift the suction piston by hand. Any "extra" oil will be pushed out the top (making a mess of course). This will create a little air space to allow the suction piston to move up all the way while driving.