IGNORED

goodbye

grantf

Well after looking at the RT mount and Energy bushing sitting on my shelf for two years I decided to finally install them. I tried to do it the "easy" way and not disassemble too much of the rear (just drop the front mount and loosen the rear nuts) but that just wasn't to be. In the end I had to remove the lower front differential bushing and drop the drive shaft to get the RT mount installed. Not a big deal. What was a big deal was my drive shaft; it was just about to leave the car. Yep, when I went to remove the nuts from the drive shaft U-joints I was able to remove all four of them without tools. All four nuts were loose with about a thread or two left. Had I not installed the RT mount I would have never known about that impending disaster.

I haven't test driven the car yet because I also drained the tank (5 month old fuel) and need to get 5 gallons of fresh gas. I expected to see rust and sludge come out of the drain, but it was pure fuel. My tank appears to be in perfect shape.

Anyway, I'll report my impressions tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll report my impressions tomorrow.

I put some miles on the new RT Mount. There is a lot less driveline wind-up. Shifting, especially between 1st and 2nd, is much smoother. My strap was fairly new and in good shape, so I didn't have a lot of clunking to begin with, so there isn't much of a change there, but a change for the better none the less.