Compression - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Compression

Featured Replies

So I am running a compression check on the '74 that has been Chevroned and it occoured to me that I have never held the throttle open when cranking the engine over. Well hey Elvis, now my compression is where the previous owner said that it was....

210 holy cow.

And straight across the board, this reading is after five revolutions on the cranking...

So, why does it make a difference holding the throttle open?

And anyone else out there have any idea what the compresion ratio may be with that kind of reading? (Ballpark ofcourse...)

Thanks all, hope the holidays is treating you well.

Wish me luck, I battle Chevron tomorrow on the gas thing....

Bri

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.