IGNORED

Early Wiring Harness & Radio: Baffling

ksbeta

I have read these forums all day. For literally hours (I started around 11am today, and while I have't been at it constantly, I must have covered nearly every thread on this site dating back to 2004). Everything I've read said 'it shouldn't work.'

I bought a 'new' wiring harness for my Series-1 (2/'70). I also bought one of the AM/FM radios from the later models, since I wasn't willing to shell out for the original. It'd be great to have, but supply & demand has wrought havoc on the market for those things. $350...?

Reading up today, the early wiring harness should not be compatible (hook-ups, that is) with this AM/FM radio. But out of curiosity, I pulled all the new parts out of their boxes (New Speedo/Tach included... PO ruined the green bulb housings on mine. Anyone know how to remove those???), and lo' and behold, the radio hooks up.

That's all I'll say, beyond I checked the P/N for the harness, and sure enough it's an early one. I'll post pictures too, because I can't wrap my head around this anymore. It's too late.

On a separate note, I should thank David (zsondabrain) once more for answering my electrical questions. I'm horrible with electronic stuff; sometimes embarrassingly so. But what an awesome guy, taking the time to patiently answer and explain things. I'd be in trouble without some of the help he's given me. Thanks again, David.

Cheers,

Bill

post-21817-14150815332189_thumb.jpg

post-21817-14150815329573_thumb.jpg

post-21817-14150815330292_thumb.jpg

post-21817-14150815330901_thumb.jpg

post-21817-14150815331528_thumb.jpg