IGNORED

St. Louis Metro Area Members Question for Area

stevef1972z

My Zed is finally getting tired and is starting to burn oil as the rings are shot and I believe there is the begining of a lobe going flat on the cam and the valve seals are shot. It is time for a rebuild. I have tackled a lot of combos over the year, but never an overhead cam motor. I am looking for a honest place in the St. Louis Metro Area that rebuilds or has long blocks for sale. The car is not early enough to worry about keeping the matching numbers with it, it has had a ton of replacement parts. I would like a nice driver motor, stock power numbers would be fine. Any ideas?

Yep, Im here in St. Louis... and I dont directly know of any shops, but... Mark at Zee Works ((636) 942-3846) in Imperial MO (not far, near Fenton) can point you in the direction of a good rebuilder. He also has a barn full of parts including heads and motors if yours is too far gone. Mon-Thurs is the only time you can get ahold of him... he is, well knowledgeable... at least he can provide some input. -zee ya, Todd