IGNORED

Looking for photo's/info for 240z run in '73 TAP rally

aarc240

Has anyone got pics and/or links to info on the 240z entered by Entreposto and crewed by António Carlos Oliveira/Eduardo Bon de Sousa in the '73 TAP rally (Rally of Portugal)?

This was car #18, white with red side highlights.

I've got some reasonable images which provide the overall layout but not sufficiently detailed to help with specific stickers.

We are refinishing our navigation/trials 240z and are interested in making it a reasonable facsimile of that car, at least in appearance.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Blue, every little bit helps.

The second image has filled in the rego number and the centre bumper sticker.

Interestingly, the other color images I have of the car show black or very dark gray wheels!

My guess is that the guys are racers and go with whatever they can get as a ride/tires, etc. They probably had the pretty red rims at the start of the year for some tracks and the grey for others or maybe they broke or painted the reds as they moved through the year..

The red stripe from bumper to bumper is neat. The sticker with the "T" in the oval is interesting and appears a lot. What company is that?

I tracked down that elusive "T" !

It's a registered corporate logo / trademark of A Tabaqueira SA which is the Portuguese arm of Phillip Morris International.

Makes sense it is something associated with tobacco advertising as that industry was a major sponsor of motor sport in the era.

There's another possible source of archived photos to follow up.

• 2 weeks later...

A few last stickers are proving elusive.

One largish or possibly two separate smaller stickers on top of the front fenders in the blackout.

A small sticker on the rear fender just behind the door.

A small sticker on the rear fender just ahead of the rear corner.

There's just got to be something on the rear hatch but that may have to be a guess.

Fonts are unknown on some, like RITZ on the hood.

It probably won't be exact but then I can't get those Enkei wheels either!

Oh, and it won't be left hand drive.