IGNORED

Installed Honda Blower Motor

Ben's Z

It took about 2 hours but I got the Honda Blower Motor installed today. Had to take out the glove box and some other items but wasn't too bad. Had to grind away some metal on the blower motor housing but not too much. I bought the motor at a salvage yard for about $15, this included the fan. The rubber seal on the motor was still good so I just reused that to seal to the airbox. It was a little but of a stretch but if you clock the Honda motor right the Datsun harness plugs right in. I am going to get some foam tape that you would use on your door or something to seal up the center air divider to the evaporator plastic housing to make sure I don't have chilled air going behind my dash. Testing it without the center vents or divider it seemed to be blowing with much more force. I am still not real sure the outside vents are ever going to be real affective. I will let you know what the results are after I use that tape to seal everything up.

The guy at the wrecking yard pulled it but the tag said 91 Civic I believe. It blows harder for sure from the center vents. I sealed up the center air divider with some foam tape today but I'll be damned if there is any air coming out with any force from the outside vents. A mouse fart moves more air than those outside vents. Is this just going to be the way it is?

Steve,

When I had the glovebox and everything else to get at the fan motor I couldn't see anything glaring that was wrong. The only thing that seems wrong to me is all the flexible duct work is very loose over it's respective hard ducts/vent inlets etc.

Hmmm. There must be something wrong. My side vents blow as hard or harder than the center vent with the Honda upgrade.

I haven't done the Honda upgrade yet, but the old, original blower puts air out the eyeball vents at about the same rate as the center vent stack. It's probably those "loose connections" you mentioned.