IGNORED

Brake Adjustment Discovered!

jrdemers

Hi All,

I had been having trouble with too much travel on my brake pedal before the brakes would engage on my 70 240Z. After new pads, bleeding and no improvement, it was time to take them apart. What I discovered is that there is a plunger which goes from the brake boost into the Master Cylinder and it has an adjustment on the end. It is supposed to be adjusted out such that with the MB spacer plate on the booster the plunger sticks out 3.5 - 4.0 mm - mine was a cm too far in!! After making the necessary adjustment and putting it back together the brakes are fine...

------------------

• 7 months later...

Could you tell me where you got the information on the booster pushrod being adjusted to 3,5 - 4,0 mm? My manual says to set it to about 1.5mm for 70-71 Z. In my original Nisson 1975 manual it says 3.5 - 3,94mm. Wish I had the shop manual for my 71. The Haynes book kind of sucks, but its all I have.