IGNORED

Recommended: Bridgestone Pole Positions 14s

ConchZ

I finally replaced the old tires that came when I bought the car back in July 2007. It was a shame to replace them, as they had plenty of tread. but they were 7 years old. They were hard as a rock. Anyway, I upgraded to some Bridgestone Protenza Pole Position RE960AS 195x60x14s. There aren't too many choices in the 14s, and I wanted to keep my 14 inch wheels. post-17507-14150814724745_thumb.jpg

A big plus on these tires is that they are amazingly quiet. I was shocked at the difference. As you know, the 240Z isn't a quiet car. Apparently a lot of the noise in mine was from the old tires. I was expecting a decrease in road noise, based on Tire Rack's user reviews, but the difference from the old tires blows me away. Even my wife noticed it right away.

As for how they handle, well I was wondered why my car skidded around a lot, considering I've got new Eibach springs and KYB struts, plus all new Energy bushings. Compared to my wife's Suzuki Kizashi, my 240's handling sucked. Not any more, these tires woke up the handling to the point where I feel it handles like it should. The wet traction in these is as good as you'd expect, too.

Anyway, just wanted to let folks know about these tires, as there's so few options in the 14 size range. Doubt I'll ever track them, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried them on a track, and what you thought.

post-17507-14150814724031_thumb.jpg

Edited by ConchZ