IGNORED

Does anybody have CAD files for front and/or rear bumper parts?

JohnnyO

I am trying to figure out if having bumpers fabricated in the U.S. could be cost effective. The first step in making them cost effective would be to get the CAD files for free;). I know that some members have experience with CAD and might be able to produce the files or know someone that does have them.

I need these so I can present them to a few fabricators and see what it will cost to get the dies made.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Highly rendered CAD drawings are not necessarily the best choice during the initial development stage of a project. It is often actually faster and better to produce sketches at this stage. If you had the bumpers in hand and made very detailed measurements-height x width x depth from plan/elevation views and radius/arc values, someone (ie: manufacturer) could use AutoCAD to create files.

I do this all the time in my job. We take detailed, comprehensive measurements in the field, the info is loaded to a CAD program and the results are sent to the shop for fabrication. Any errors in the finished product are usually from careless or innaccurate measurements.