IGNORED

carpet or vinyl or both...bit confused

EverRude

Have a early 71 240. The interior has been removed. No carpet or vinyl installed. Im a bit confused as to what interior kit I should buy. I assume I can do whatever I want but I like the vinyl but was vinyl and carpet used at same time from factory?

Thanks.

Also missing some if the panels around the rear deck that hide quarter wells and such. Any relatively cheap options for replacing those?

It's all about personal choice and if you are going strictly stock. From the factory the front tunnel - shock towers -deck riser were vinyl and the rear deck and both floorboards were carpet. I bought both sets (still have the vinyl) but ended up using the carpet - for my taste it was just a little more modern and would help insulate the car from noise a little better.

Rear panels can be found from most of our site sponcers in many of the original interior colors. Before you put in the rear panels be sure you have inspected your fuel lines back there - now is the time to replace while the panels are off. I didn't replace mine at the time (for some dumb reason) got home on afternoon and fuel was leaking in my garage.......not a good thing! If those lines have never been replace go ahead and do it just for the safety!

I'm doing a resto and this is what I went with. Just got shipments 2 weeks ago and will install in a month or so.

The Vinyl covers all stock places including front pillars, roof and edge of roof (many kits do not cover so much). The carpet is pretty much the stock.

Vinyl Kit: http://www.blackdragonauto.com/icatalog/zr/full.aspx?Page=75

Carpet Kit: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SIC103/40-2580G

You can buy modified carpet kits that cover more including the transmission tunnel as well as the vertical section behind the seats and also up to the door sill.