5 speed Tranny - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

5 speed Tranny

Featured Replies

I have a 5 speed tranny in my 74 260 Z that obviously didn't come with the car. It has L8 on the side of the tranny, but I can't find anyone who knows which tranny (i understand there are three 5 speeds) it is. I know its not the Borg-Warner.

Can anyone tell me how to id this tranny?

  • Author

Thanks Tlorber. The site was very helpful. Ive got the early model.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.