IGNORED

muffler!

tfbrown

I have a 73 with 72 carbs...it has been an adventure getting it running, though it isn't running very well...my current project involves putting a muffler on the beast...I visited my local Nissan dealer and nearly died when told he wanted $170 + tax for the Nissan muffler to fit...................I declined........I have been hauling the decrepid old muffler in and out of the local Minute Muffler, Midas Muffler and everything else that sells mufflers hoping to find one that is approaximately the same size (that a cylinder about 13 1/2 inches long, 6 1/2 inches in diameter with a 1 3/4 inlet and outlet)...it goes w/o saying that NO ONE has a muffler to fit...the closest I've found is this tiny little thing with a 1 1/2 inlet from a Ford Festiva...I won't put that on as I'm sure it would choke the system....does anyone have an inexpensive solution for me......perhaps a part number from Sears, Midas...etc etc.....I'm in Canada but can travel to Grand Forks ND (or further) to get parts in the US of A. Thanks in advance.

------------------

Victoria British sells stock mufflers for the 240Z. They list it as part #67-006 and in their current catalog it sells for $89.95. They can be reached @ 1-800-255-0088. This is a stock replacement muffler and if your current exhaust has been fabricated by a muffler shop it may not fit. Good luck.

------------------

Jeff McElyea

1972 240Z

jmcelyea@nassal.com

......perfect fit turns out to be the muffler from a 83-85 Nissan Stanza... 12 1/2 long cylinder thats 6 inches in diameter with 1 3/4 inlet/outlet, thats a Walker muffler part #22252 (superscript 5) at the end of that number !?

and the best part it cost $39.95 Canadian (thats about $1.50 US) at the local muffler shop.

-for your information and consideration-

• 2 months later...