IGNORED

My 82 turbo/Auto Fuel pump stops pumping?

280TurboZX

Any ideas? I turn the key on(before cranking)and I hear clicking under the dash on the passenger side and hear my fuel pump pulsating. After a few dozen give or take clicks it stops and I hear my fuel pump,pump up and stop,I then can start the car. And occasionally while driving it will go into the clicking mode and die or spit and sputter. I have a new pump.Please tell me a simple fix. I tried a switched hot wire to the pump but no help. Thanks so much.

I did some tinkering and when my relay started clicking I tapped on the ECM near the driverside foot, and it stopped clicking and would run.So I either have faulty wire connection or maybe my box is going bad[internal short] Found a bunch on Ebay for $60-150.

I tore the cover off and started the car(holding the ECU) I pressed on the circuit board in different spots and wallaah.The car died and the pump relay started clicking, I pressed again in the same spot and the clicking stopped and the pump,pumped up. It then would start. I did this numerous times with the same results. So I removed the ECU and hit the solder gun on all the joints around that area. Reinstalled and tried again. But This time the engine didn't die. NO More Clicky. I sure hope that fixed it... Sure sounds like it did, It also ran smoother So maybe I Killed the gremlin.