IGNORED

SoCal Carb Tuner

AX75F92

I have a 240Z with an L28 running a carbed L24 head. The car has been running fat for a long time now, but has gotten progressively worse in the last year. I know the carbs need to be cleaned or rebuilt (or replaced), and calibrated. However, I admittedly know next to nothing about working on carburetors. I worked in a shop for 6 years. Ive torn apart, rebuilt, and swapped fuel injected engines many times...Ive never played around with carbs. Is there a shop in the SoCal area that does good carb work?

I know many of you say that tuning up the carbs is one of the easiest things to do on a Z, but between work and school I dont have a ton of time to dive into learning intricacies of an whole new fuel delivery system. But if it really is that easy, let me know and I will give it a whirl.

The previous owner installed a set of Holleys, Im not sure if this matters (harder/different to tune than SUs?) and an SA RX7 fuel pump.

Any insight would be appreciated.

THANKS =)

There is a place in Glendale called Sunrise Z. I haven't been there but pretty much all they do is Z's. 818 240-1594. However, since your carbs are not stock I don't know if they will be any better or worse than a regular mechanic. If you happen to cross paths with some round top SU's and intake manifolds that look ok you may want to pick them up. SU's are pretty simple once you understand them.

Where in So Cal are you located?

• 2 months later...