IGNORED

valve cover vent quastion

jiman

Where is the valve cover vent hose supposed to connect to on a 75 280z? when I got the car there was just a hose coming off of the valve cover which went over the intake manifold and just made a 90 degree and went down to nothing. I saw some pictures where it looks like it goes to a port on the afm to tb hose but mine does not have that port. there is a metal tee with a cap on the port that points to the valve cover vent tube, should it connect there?

• 3 months later...

Question for anyone here. Attached is a picture of my current setup on my 77 280Z. I got it this way from the PO so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm looking at the FSM and comparing it with this thread and my car. My car is the one that's different here. I'm wondering if the vent hose that is plugged into the Valve cover, running to the AFM to Throttle Body boot is correct. I replaced the boot, so I know some vehicles had this setup as my old boot had this same valve cover elbow and the previous hose was hooked up there. Is this something that just some owners changed, or was it factory?

post-24025-14150814461964_thumb.jpg