IGNORED

Tacho differences

Noddle

Hi,

FYI for anyone having tacho issues.

I finished moving my turbo setup from my '77 four door to my '73 two door a week ago, but I been having issue getting my tacho working again, I spent some time checking some wiring diagrams, and noticed there were differences between the too,

one has 3 wires, power, earth, - side of the coil, (late)

the other, 4 wires, power, earth, and a loop wire (loop picks up inductive energy from the power to the coil I believe) (early)

swapped the tacho over, working fine now.

Nigel

post-12467-14150813268628_thumb.jpg

post-12467-1415081326926_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noddle

• 7 months later...

and a loop wire (loop picks up inductive energy from the power to the coil I believe) (early)

on my 1976 ( late edition of C110 ) I have that loop, dose that mean my meters are not the original ?

took from an early C110 ?

and BTW I am always facing prob with Tacho needle unstability !

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at this now. I've got a late model Japanese cluster at home and the one from my '75. The '75 has the loop style. From what you are saying, I'll need to use the later model tacho if I want to use an electronic dizzy yeah?

My understanding is, the loop coil one should work, and long as the coil has it power going through the 'loop'.

I could have done this on my EDIS setup, but I create my wiring harness to suit the other type of tacho

Nigel