IGNORED

10th anniversary stereo help! please.

superj243

I am restoring a 10th anniversary zx and to be honest i don't know what i'm doing. i would like to replace the stereo system due to the fact that only one speaker works and the previous owner installed a radio from a different model z that does not fit correctly. i know that the 10th ann. had surround sound but i don't know what size the speakers are and don't know how to tell. can any one tell me what size they are or how to check. and what type/kind/brand of speakers do i need. I also suppose i need a new faceplate also? any ideas of how much money this would cost would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

jared.

Okay so I did some more research and found out that it has the same system in it as the regular 280zx with the dynamic package option. But that is all I could find. I really need help on this because my parents said they would finance it for me as a christmas present and christmas is almost here! The deal was that I had to figure out how, and they would provide the cash.

Thankyou for all of the help.

Jared

• 3 weeks later...

I have a factory radio from an '82 zx. It works moderatly well. I have not tried the tape player. The PO butchered the wiring harness in my car and I am not installing it so not sure if the back light works or if you would need to replace some bulbs. The factory radio came with four speakers (you dont want factory) two behind the seats and two in the dash. The dash speakers are small 4" round and the behind the seat openings hold 61/2" round speakers.