'73 240Z mechanical fuel pump - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'73 240Z mechanical fuel pump

Featured Replies

I have a '73 Z I've owned since new. My memory is fuzzy regarding the recall where the dealers added the electric fuel pump and wrapped the fuel lines. My mechanical pump has been by-passed entirely. Was this a part of this modification? Why would they have done this? I can't see why it would hurt to have both operating. Are there any old time Z guys with a better memory?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.