IGNORED

R200 Swap Issues - Probably Simple, but...

SSuspect

Hi all,

I am sure that I am just missing something simple here, but I want to ask before I get very frustrated.

Finally getting the rear suspension together and am having an issue here. I have searched all over and I "think" that I know the issue, but want to make sure.

The front diff mount is about an inch and a half forward (to front of car) of the actual bolt holes. I "think" that the M-Bar is on backwards, but want to make sure. The diff mount is reversed on the x-member, but still not close. Here is the pictures:

R200Alignment012.jpg

R200Alignment013.jpg

I assembled everything yesterday with the M-Bar in the opposite direction. Everything lined up fine, but the M-Bar was BEHIND the rear traverse link mounts (the L shaped ones that drop from above) and it did not look right. Here are the pics:

R200Alignment011.jpg

R200Alignment007.jpg

Is the M-Bar on the wrong way?

Did I have it right the first time?

Do I have the wrong front diff mount x-member? You can see it in the pic above.

Any help is appreciated! I will get the rear calipers and rotors later this week and I would like to get ecerything underneath wrapped up ASAP.

Thank you!

Tim

Edited by SSuspect

Nevermind everybody! I just had that "brilliant" moment and decided to search the gallery section. Plenty of pictures showing that I was right THE FIRST TIME!

Sometimes I just "over engineer" things... :stupid:

Now - Back to the garage to tear it apart AGAIN!

Thanks,

Tim

Looks fine to me. Thats the same way mine is on my 70'... Mbar behind the hangers.

so picture 3 looks fine.. And everything lines up that way as well, right?

Thanks for the reply!

Yup. All is (now) good. I just put everything back in and I am good to go! I even have YOUR RT diff mount (with the ES bumpstop) up in there now. :D

I just need to get back under there and touch up a few of the scratches that I put into the rust encapsulant. It is NICE to have everything cleaned up and painted/powder coated. Front and rear areas are clean. Rest of the underside will be done as I go along.

Rear disc brake conversion will go in later this week or next weekend. Once it is back on the ground, then the paint prep starts!

WooHoo! Progress is good!

Thanks again,

Tim

Edited by SSuspect