Fuzzy door strips - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fuzzy door strips

Featured Replies

Hello peoples, i got new fuzzy strips for my interior door panels and wanted to know how the h#%& do i attach them. The old ones seem to be stapled on through the steel upper door panel part. Any suggestions??? BTW i will be recovering the door panels if this may be of some help

I haven't installed mine yet, but I will be taking them to an upholstry guy that I know. He has a heavy stapler.

I haven't done the fuzzies, but I've done the rubber stripping on the outside of the window, which is attached with staples. I used the old strip as a template, drilled tiny, slightly oversized holes in the new strip, inserted staples, and bent them closed by hand. It worked fine. I don't know if that approach would work for your fuzzies.

FastWoman, where did you get the rubber for the outer piece? Those are on my list as well.

Thanks.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I didn't want to take a chance of rivets scratching the glass so I used heavey duty weatherstrip adhesive. I coated both surfaces of the strip and the door panel and let it tack for 15 minutes, applied a final wet coat of adhesive and then positioned the fuzzy strip and held it in place with clothes pins. They have stayed in place with no trace of separating from the panel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.