IGNORED

Fuzzy door strips

slyhog22056

Hello peoples, i got new fuzzy strips for my interior door panels and wanted to know how the h#%& do i attach them. The old ones seem to be stapled on through the steel upper door panel part. Any suggestions??? BTW i will be recovering the door panels if this may be of some help

I haven't done the fuzzies, but I've done the rubber stripping on the outside of the window, which is attached with staples. I used the old strip as a template, drilled tiny, slightly oversized holes in the new strip, inserted staples, and bent them closed by hand. It worked fine. I don't know if that approach would work for your fuzzies.

I didn't want to take a chance of rivets scratching the glass so I used heavey duty weatherstrip adhesive. I coated both surfaces of the strip and the door panel and let it tack for 15 minutes, applied a final wet coat of adhesive and then positioned the fuzzy strip and held it in place with clothes pins. They have stayed in place with no trace of separating from the panel.