New guy - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New guy

Featured Replies

Hello. I recently have added a 1975 280Z ITS car to my garage to keep my 71 510 company. Both are prepared race cars. I've done club racing, SCCA racing Rallies, Solos and hill climbs in everything from Formula Vee to Formula Atlantic. I ran a B Sedan in the 70s and the story on my 510 is a strange one that I'll post at a later time. I'm not allowed to race my 510 with the local Texas Vintage group, a group that I helped found because my motor is a 73 and they cut off at 72 so I'm running in track days and solo events. The Z car will be my step back into SCCA racing

Brian

Edited by poland68
corrrection

But 240Z in 72 were not 280Z ? Do you have a 280Z with a 2400 cc in it ?

Truely strange...

Jay

Not just a Z - ZDisease

Jay, what is it that you are seeing in his post that I'm not?

Brian's cool. He's got what he says and has a family history of racin'....

Yeah, he has a 75 ITC 280Z and a 71 SCCA B Sedan 510 presently; I get that. I was just wondering about Jay's statement:

But 240Z in 72 were not 280Z ? Do you have a 280Z with a 2400 cc in it ?

Truely strange...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Jay's seeing the same thing that I'm seeing...Brian's post says that the SCCA engine cut-off is '72, but he's got a 280z ('75-'78) that he's planning to get back into SCCA racing.

Jay's seeing the same thing that I'm seeing...Brian's post says that the SCCA engine cut-off is '72......
That statement had to do with the 510........
  • Author

The 510 is running a 1973 L20. The local vintage guys in Texas hold fast to their 1972 cut off. Well sometimes. The 280 is an ITS car with a 280 engine. Hey at my age I can get senior moments.

Edited by poland68

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.