IGNORED

240z wheel base length front to back

chicago240z

I hope I'm understanding your request correctly. Wheelbase is the dimension from the center of the rear axle hub to the center of the front spindle. While this dimension is listed it is not actually used since it can change with the slightest turn of the steering wheel or an adjustment of any of the other front suspension sdjustments. Wheel length measurement is most commonly done from the centrerline of the front ball joint grease nipple to specific reference hole in the rear of the chassis or unibody structure. This hole must be symetrical ( be in the sma spot on both sides).

Setting up your wheel length after installing adjustable TC rods and coil overs is not difficult but the dimension is not given in any factory chassis drawing. I always use the 1/4" hole located approximately 3 " inward of the rocker panel lower pinch weld flange and about 5" forward of the rear of the rocker panel , to the center line of the lower control arm ball joint grease nipple. This dimension is 71 1/2 " from the leading edge of the rear hole to the c/l of ball joint nipple on a stock 260z. This should be a good starting measurement. Set the passenger side about a 1/16" to an 1/8" longer than the drivers side to compensate for the crown of the road. Next set your ride height and then double check your length measurements again. There is a great sticky for alignment specs at the begining of the z suspension forum on the hybrid site. Link is below.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/60536-alignment-settings/

Edited by palosfv3