IGNORED

Leaky Transmission Plug and bad 5th gear combo ?

hogie

I have a slow leak at the drain plug and can't get it to stop. I have already tried to use some teflon tape and tighten it a bit more, but it has only slowed it down.

The other problem is that 5th gear pops out as soon as I let out the clutch. All the other gears engage quickly and smoothly. There isnt a clearance problem for the shift lever. It will stay engaged if there isn't a load on the drivetrain...i.e. driveshaft disconnect or the wheels off the ground.

I read that there is a roll pin or something that can pop out, but I can't find the thread here or on hybridz. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

THanks

Got three spairs in the attic already! The bad part is I don't know what condition they are in. I was hoping to pull this one in the winter and replace it with one of the others.

Since 4th gear was the same between the 5 speeds and the 4 speeds and mine should

of had a 4 speed anyways it really isnt hurting me too much at the moment.