IGNORED

Bumpers

Triple G'Z

This may be a more stupid question but why would you want to put 260z bumpers on your 240z? Usually it is the other way around. People try to get rid of the larger, uglier bumpers for the lighter weight, small ones. I guess it depends on the years in question. I think some of the really early 260z's had bumpers that would fit the later 240z's. I am sure someone has the answer.

carl

I should have been more clear on why I was asking. I have a '70 240 that I do not have bumpers for. I have been considering going "bumperless" all together but also cannot find any 240z bumpers at any of the normal places. i.e MSA, Black Dragon, Z car source... Any help and/or opinions would be appreciated!

Ah ha! Now I get it. I also have a 70 240z and have the original bumpers but they are rusty and bent. For the time being, (like Hogie suggested) I bought the fiberglass ones from MSA. They are fine for what I was looking for. You can get them in carbon fiber as well. There are usually some early bumpers for sale on ebay every so often. You might be able to find a some that are reasonable in price and have them rechromed. The other option that I might go for eventually is purchasing a set of stainless steel bumpers. These are going to run about $1000 or so depending on where you get them. There is a thread about them if you search for stainless steel bumpers. They are made in Vietnam and seem to be nice quality. Good luck.

carl