IGNORED

Reproducing the Supersprint rear muffler

ajmcforester

FYI: In late November early December 2009 I purchased NOS front half of the original Suppersprint exhaust, in the hopes of finding the rear half. No luck

I want to reproduce the rear half as close as possible to the original. If I get lucky I'll install the original rear resonators, but I'm not going to hold my breath any more on finding it. What I'm looking for is a good picture of the rear of the system. The best picture I've found is the ad posted on the forum Arne started (http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34920&highlight=supersprint). The problem with the picture is the resolution makes it hard to see what type of tip it has (flared, pencil rolled, . . .), also was the two resonators the same as the front one or not. I'm looking to reproduce the earlier version the later version is 2" pipe with straight cut tips while the early version is 1.75", not straight cut tips.

I think I might use Jones Exhaust for most of the parts they have the right diameter in a variety of lengths, and have one that matches the front resonators size. However if you know one that looks closer to the original please post, the original has a bead and the tapered section is more cone than rounded and the resonators are different so it will sound different. If you have information or pictures to help please post, if I do this I'll post my results and parts used.

If someone wants to reproduce the front half I'll give you the measurements off the original.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

post-7115-14150811589537_thumb.jpg

post-7115-14150811589963_thumb.jpg

post-7115-14150811590343_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...